Hello everyone! Today I'm really excited to share with you my latest altered project. I found an inexpensive plastic vanity mirror on stand. The color was bad! It was golden and shiny; I hated it! But, I do love the ornate details. I think it looks so vintage and shabby chic so I grabbed it. I decided to alter the mirror using graphic 45 "Le Romantique" and "A Ladies' Diary" papers. I actually wanted to use only the Le Romantique but I didn't have enough variety of that collection so I used some of A Ladies' Diary paper for the background. No surprise these two collections go great together!
My finished project turned out like this, and I really love it!
First thing, I took the mirrors on both sides out so I was left with a bare frame and a stand. I painted them with a couple of coats of gesso to cover the old paint. Now my mirror looked much better! Still, I wanted it to look a little shabbier; so, I rubbed some black metallic rub-on paste on the ornate designs to get a vintage shabby chic look.
I used an oval mirror that I took out as a template; traced it on thin chipboard and patterned paper (twice); cut each shape out and adhered patterned paper on the chipboard. Then, I hot glued the pieces to the frame to get (front and back) backgrounds to work on. Before I went any further, I fuzzy cut out desired images from Le Romantique collection so they would be ready to use!
On this side, I framed the background with flat-back pearl trim; used clear rock candy crackle paint and white acrylic paint to create some texture. I wanted it to appear mirror-like or glass-like just to accentuate the 'girl holding/looking in the mirror' image. I love how it came out! I embellished this area with a resin butterfly from Melissa Frances and a teeny-tiny glass jar filled with silvery pinkish seed beads.
I added the fuzzy cut image of the beautiful roses and leaves, and a couple of punched out butterflies. I glittered them up with diamond stickles! I just can't do without stickles...lol.
I filled my empty space with flower sprays. The charms are actually hung on the opposite side. I hot glued acrylic flowers on the back of them so they would look pretty on the back too!
Now on this side, I really love the image! It looks like the girl is daydreaming. I created paper ruffles and hot glued the strip on the bottom edge; then, added black teardrop pearl trim on top of the ruffles. The button was painted with gold paint dabber and I rubbed some white paint on it.
I dyed my flower and seam binding with tattered angels glimmer mist, and added this gorgeous earring to the center. I love its dangling heart-shaped crystal!
I adhered gauze fabric and added texture paste and diamond stickles to the background. I fuzzy cut out the word "Le Romantique", brushed clear rock candy crackle paint and sprinkled glitters on it. Then, added acrylic crystals on the top.
I made faux twig from painted wire so I can hang chains and charms on it. I also embellished with punched out butterflies that I again put stickles on.
I really love this altered project! Let me know what you think!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG ^___^