Monday, April 15, 2013

"Wildflower Fairy" Shadow Box Card

A shadow box card is one of my favorite types of card to make!!! It is so easy yet the result can be very impressive. You can decorate it as much or as little as you like. I like my cards to be fully decorated in a dimensional way. So, this kind of card is really perfect for me!

This shadow box card is for a friend of mine! It's gonna be her birthday card and I hope she'll like it! Here I used plain kraft card stock to build a collapsible shadow box; then, decorated it with patterned paper from Prima, the Engraver collection.

Flower fairies characters are one of my obsessions! I simply love the cute fairies and beautiful flower images. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp this 'Rose Fairy'. I colored her with copic markers, added diamond stickles to make it glittery; then, I fussy cut the image and glued it to the side of the frame.

I used paper flowers to embellish the box. I glimmer misted the flowers to get richer colors. If you want to do this...Be generous with the glimmer mist!!! Make sure you coat every petal!!! The flowers will be soaking wet but you can quickly dry them with a heat tool. They look much prettier than they were and the best part is they are all shimmery!!! I really love how they came out!

If you look through the frame...I created the background with some stencils and distress ink. I got fun and beautiful stencils from my friend, Sa Crafters. I used the rose, beehive pattern and brick stencils here. I also sprayed tons of clear glimmer mist on the stenciled images so everything just looks so shimmery...LOL!!!

For the back, instead of leaving it untouched, I covered it up with paper from the same collection (Prima's Engraver). I then created a pocket and a tag so I won't have to write on the card!

I punched the top border of the pocket with Martha Stewart butterfly edge punch, created stenciled texture with a reverse brick mask and gesso. I simply decorated this side with stamped images that I colored and fussy cut out.

The tag is made out of plain white card stock. I cut out a rectangle, and punched both top corners and bottom edge with doily punches. I sprayed different colors of Tattered Angels glimmer mist on the surface; let it sit for just a few seconds; then, wiped off the excess with paper towel. This way...the colors are more subtle; you get a cloudy look instead of splotchy colors. (In case you're wondering, the colors of glimmer mist I used are Meadow Green, Purple Pansy and Tarnished Silver.) I did this to both sides of the tag.


I again used stencils and distress ink (Dusty Concord and Peeled Paint) to add details to the front side of my tag. I stamped "Once Upon a Spring Time" (Graphic 45 cling rubber stamp) over the stenciled image. Then, I punched a hole and tied white seam binding into a bow to finish it off.

I really love how this shadow box card turned out! Let me know what you think. If you want to see it in motion...Click Here to go to my video.

THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY & HAVE A SPLENDID DAY!

4 comments:

  1. Hi ann I watched your video and I love your card its so dimentional
    I love the colors and congratulations you deserve it everything you make is beautifull

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rebecca! You are so sweet and supportive ^___^ Hugs

      Delete
  2. Hi your you tube video for graphic 45 is great I love the tutorial for the mini book I really gonna try this thanxxx

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca...thank you girl. Let me know once you give it a try and share with me your creation ^__^ xx

      Delete